It seems that once or twice a year, a new brand of artisan ice cream pops up in a local store.
Ice cream lover that we are, we try every one. They’re all good, but aside from the occasional groovy flavor, they don’t distinguish themselves from all the other good ice cream in the freezer case.
Finally, we have something to write about: A La Mode ice cream. It’s allergen-free: made in small batches in a dedicated facility with no eggs, nuts or sesame.
ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE
Even if you don’t have allergies, you’ll want to try A La Mode ice cream. It’s one of the best premium ice creams we’ve tasted in a while:
- Great flavors, textures, mouthfeel (the butterfat is a creamy 16%).
- Superb chocolate coating on the ice cream pop.
When we tool the tops off the pints, we questioned the aqua-blue and bright pink colors of two flavors. Could anything this bright taste great?
Yes, they can! The minute we tasted them, we couldn’t stop spooning up another taste, and another, and….
You don’t have to be a kid to dig into this ice cream. If you’re an ice cream-loving adult, you’d be remiss not to.
The initial retail line includes these craveworthy flavors:
- Cooks: vanilla ice cream with vanilla and chocolate cookies, swirled with chocolate fudge.
- Partly Cloudy: blue cotton candy ice cream with mini marshmallows.
- Pink Sprinkle: pink-hued vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.
- Speed Bump: Deep chocolate ice cream with mini marshmallows plus dark and white chocolate chips.
- Strawberry Cheesecake: vanilla ice cream with strawberries, cream cheese, ricotta cheese and graham crackers.
- Wired: coffee ice cream with chocolate chips.
You can find them in:
- Bars (on a stick)
- Cups (3.5-ounce individual portions, with wooden spoons)
- Not all flavors are available in all formats
The line is certified kosher (dairy) by OU.
WHERE TO FIND IT
A La Mode Shoppe began as a boutique ice cream parlor in New York City.
If you’re in the neighborhood (360 East 55th Street, Manhattan), the ice cream parlor has many more flavors. If you can’t stop in, you can buy pints at retailers nationwide, or online.
We are delighted that they are now serving up their brand of happiness to consumers nationwide. The ice cream is also sold in bulk to foodservice customers.